CHICAGO—Erin Efimoff led Illinois Tech with 17 points and Shannon O’Donnell scored 12 points as the Scarlet Hawks (0-17, 0-13 NACC) suffered a defeat, 52-35, against the Milwaukee School of Engineering Raiders (9-8, 7-6 NACC).
How It Happened
- MSOE had an early lead in the beginning stages of the game, as the Raiders led 20-5 in the first quarter after shooting 53% from the field.
- Mikayla Dogs scored seven points off the bench in the second quarter to lead MSOE to a 31-13 lead at half.
- The Scarlet Hawks cut it to 33-26 with 3:10 in the third quarter but MSOE responded.
- Illinois Tech came out fired up in the second half, outscoring the Raiders, 16-8 to trail 39-29 while shooting 47% and holding MSOE to 15%.
- MSOE had the 13-6 advantage in the fourth quarter to take the game 52-35.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Erin Efimoff scored 17 points on 8-19 shooting and grabbed five rebounds.
- Shannon O’Donnell added 12 points, pulled down seven boards and dished out two assists.
- Erin Nelson had five rebounds, one assist and one steal.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, January 26 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Rockford University to take on the Regents starting at 2 p.m.