CHICAGO, Ill. – On December 29, 2018, the Illinois Tech women’s basketball team played host to the Falcons of Concordia University Wisconsin for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match. The Scarlet Hawks (0-10, 0-6 NACC) were defeated by CUW (5-4, 4-2 NACC) 94-50.
How It Happened
- The Falcons were able to impress on the offensive end all game long, scoring over 20 points in the first three quarters and 19 in the fourth. CUW was able to do so via 52.3% shooting and a total of 11 three-point field goals made.
- Tech, however, scored a season high of 50 points, shooting season-highs of 37.8% from the field and 82.4% from the free-throw line. The Scarlet Hawks also made a season-best 17 shots.
- The most efficient offensive quarter for Tech was the first, as the Scarlet Hawks made 50% of its field goal attempts.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Erin Efimoff scored a season-high in points for the second game in a row, missing her career-high by just two with 21 points in 29 minutes. She did, however, set a career-best in made field goal attempts, going 10-of-19 from the floor (52.6%).
- Shannon O’Donnell scored 13 points, nine of which came from the free throw line. She was 9-of-10 from the charity stripe while pulling down five rebounds and dishing out three assists.
- Raiven Johnson tallied seven points and five rebounds.
- Women’s basketball will host the Stars of Dominican University on Wednesday, January 2 at 7:00 p.m. in the Keating Sports Center. Live audio, video, and stats will be available for the NACC contest. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.