The Illinois Tech women’s swimming and diving team put forth a dominant effort in the third annual Ted Erikson Invite on Saturday. The Scarlet Hawks won the host meet with a score of 194, outdoing North Central (151), Lincoln (108), Beloit (71), and Manchester (67).
- The 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Kristin Wills, Brigitte Temple, Briana Tyler, and Jamie Wurster began the day with a second-place finish (1:56.67).
- Katherine Lydon dominated the 1000 Yard Freestyle. Her 11:25.70 time won the event by 47 seconds.
- Tyler won the 200 Yard Butterfly by nearly 14 seconds (2:20.92). She also won the 100 Yard Butterfly with a time of 1:03.53.
- In the 200 Yard Breaststroke, Temple earned a victory with a time of 2:32.79. She also finished third in the 100 Yard Backstroke (1:06.12), one spot behind Wurster (1:05.56).
- Wills placed second in the 200 Yard Backstroke with a time of 2:24.36. Wills (third place, 2:28.77) and Temple (2:22.45) also occupied the top two spots in the 200 Yard Individual Medley.
- In the 500 Yard Freestyle, Delaney Shepherd placed second at 5:52.98.
- Tech’s next regular-season action will be on Saturday, January 13 at 1:00 p.m. at Ecko Pool against Lawrence. Live video will be available for the meet.