As part of routine maintenance and support, the Office of Technology Services (OTS) will be upgrading the Banner Database to Oracle 19c on Friday, January 8, 2021.
How does this impact you?
- Systems Will Be Unavailable
- All systems using the Banner database, including ancillary systems integrated with Banner, will be unavailable, including, but not limited to:
- Cognos Reporting, the Operational Data Store, and Enterprise Data Warehouse will also be unavailable.
- Duration: Extended Maintenance Window
- To perform the necessary upgrade, the aforementioned systems will be unavailable through an extended Maintenance Window beginning this Friday, January 8, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. through Sunday, January 10 at 9:00 p.m.
How can you help us with this upgrade?
You can assist OTS on Monday, January 11 by accessing the Banner 9 Admin Pages and Banner Self -Service, as well as related ancillary systems that utilize Banner data, and performing your regular daily work functions. If you experience any difficulties, please let us know by submitting a ticket to the Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: To access the Banner Admin Pages, you must be logged into IIT’s Virtual Private Network (VPN. If you are unsure how to access the VPN, please click here.
Thank you for your cooperation.