As we head into 2023, the Office of Human Resources has some important benefits-related reminders on what you can expect going into the new year:
- Everyone on the BCBS medical plan will receive a new ID card for 2023 due to the change to the tiered network approach (the new Blue Choice Options PPO and HDHP).
- Everyone NEW to the medical plan will also receive a CVS Caremark ID, which is needed to obtain prescriptions. Existing members should retain their current ID cards.
- Anyone newly electing the HDHP medical option will receive a welcome letter and debit card from HSA Bank. Existing HDHP members should retain their current debit cards.
- Anyone who is electing a new dental plan (new election, or switching between the PPO and DHMO), or who is electing EyeMed vision, will receive an ID card. Existing members should retain their current ID cards.
- Anyone who is electing Health FSA for the first time will receive a debit card. Members who have re-enrolled for 2023 will have their 2023 election loaded onto their existing cards.
Please note that most ID cards will have the member’s (employee’s) name only. Members who have misplaced their ID cards, or those who need to order additional cards for family members, can order additional cards by logging into their accounts or contacting the vendors directly (family members’ cards will have the employee’s name on them). Vendor contact information is available on the appropriate page of the HR Website Benefits section.
Questions about any of Illinois Tech’s benefits can be directed to Viktoria Rill at email@example.com, or x73353.