Blue Cross Blue Shield is offering a great perk this fall: no enrollment fee during September! When they’re comfortable going back to gyms, new eligible members will want to take advantage of this waived enrollment opportunity for the Fitness Program.
The enrollment fee of $19 will be waived for eligible new members who sign up from September 1–30, 2020. To qualify for the waived fee, members will be asked to enter a coupon code STARTINSEP at the time of checkout.
The Fitness Program offers four flexible gym options from $19 to $99, convenience and access to a nationwide network of participating facilities so members can work out whether traveling, at home or at work. Enhancements have been made to the program which include:
- Multiple Plan Options – More flexibility for a plan that fits members best and a family can now save with a percentage discount by bundling under one account.
- There will be four different price points ranging from $19-$99 (Base, Core, Power and Elite)
- Members enrollment fee decreases from $25 to $19
- Members can select a plan option that best suits their lifestyle based on location and facility access
- Studio Classes – Select a class on the go through the app, such as yoga, HIIT, cycling, rowing and more with a pay-as-you-go payment option. (Built-in 30% discount off every 10th class) – Members Do Not need to be enrolled in the monthly gym plan to have access to classes. Prices may vary
As before, once they join, they’ll have access to all locations within the purchased plan as well as locations in any of the lower-priced plan options
A new mobile app lets participants:
- Access real-time check-in/activity reporting
- Schedule and purchase studio classes
- Explore nearby locations in the Fitness Program network
- Track current/past studio classes
- Easily access their membership card
Members can download the Well on Target Fitness Program app from both the Apple and Android app stores, then log in using their Blue Access for Members (BAM) credentials.
- Real-time data: Provided to the mobile app and Well onTarget portals.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) discounts through the Whole Health Living Choices Program. Members can save money through a nationwide network of 40,000 health and well-being providers such as acupuncturists, massage therapists and personal trainers.
- Blue Points: Members can get 2,500 points for joining the Fitness Program. Earn additional points for weekly visits and redeem points for apparel, books, electronics, health and personal care items, music and sporting goods.
How to Enroll: To enroll, health plan members can log in to BAM and under “Quick Links,” choose “Fitness Program.” They will need to enter the code “STARTINSEP” during enrollment to join for free before Sept. 30. Then they can decide on the plan that best meets their needs and select the fitness location that is best for them. Or, they may also enroll by calling 888.762.BLUE (2583) Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT.
For more information on Illinois Tech’s health plan options, visit the HR Portal Health benefits page.