Design touches every facet of our modern world, from engineering to architecture to human science and more. That’s why Illinois Institute of Technology’s Institute of Design incorporates other disciplines and domains into its studies, and it encourages people from diverse backgrounds to pursue graduate study in design. As such, ID invites Illinois Tech undergraduates from all colleges and disciplines to familiarize themselves with their newest campus neighbor. Attend a panel discussion on the interdisciplinary value of design study and research. The discussion will take place on Thursday, April 18 from 6–8:30 p.m. at the Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship.
The panel will feature several ID staff, and will be led by Jeremy Alexis (ARCH ’97, MDes ’99), senior lecturer at ID, head of the Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program, and director of the Idea Shop at the Kaplan Institute. A reception will follow the discussion, where attendees will be able to enjoy refreshments and get to know members of the ID community.
- Jeremy Alexis (Illinois Tech College of Architecture + ID MDes)
- David Ofori-Amoah (Illinois Tech Mechanical Engineering + ID MDes)
- Prapti Jha (Architecture + ID MDes)
- Anand Nayak (Illinois Tech Stuart School of Business + ID classes)
- Jimmy Shah (Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management + ID classes)