Join us for the Longest Paper Chain Challenge at 3:30–4:15 p.m. on Wednesday, February 21, 2024, to celebrate National Engineers Week. Work in teams on the second floor of Galvin Library to design and build the longest looped paper chain using just paper, tape, and scissors. Win a prize for your chain! Registration is required for this event.
- Your paper chain must be looped, and tape may only be used to close the loops. You may not tape strips of paper together.
- You are only allowed to use the provided materials, including 2 sheets of paper, scissors, and 5 inches of tape
- If your chain breaks, the longest piece will be measured.
- Team competition: work in a team of two to four people
- This will be a 15-minute challenge.
Chains will be measured by a Galvin Library representative and a winner determined. The longest chain wins! We have prizes for the winning team.
Hosted by Galvin Library, Library Student Advisory Group, and the Office of Student Life.
Register your team now! Each team only needs to register once.