Dear Fellow Community Members,
The Office of the Provost is now accepting nominations for the recipient of an honorary degree that will be presented at Commencement in May 2023. The recipient will also speak at the Commencement ceremony.
Please submit your nomination(s) via this Google form. Nominations must be submitted by Friday, December 2, 2022. An Honorary Degree Committee has been established to review all the nominations that are received, and it will report its recommendations to Illinois Tech President Raj Echambadi.
When considering individuals to nominate, please note that an honorary degree recipient must meet the following criteria:
- They have made significant contributions to a cultural, scientific, and/or social development
- Contributions may have been made in scholarship, creative arts, research, learned professions, public service, public health, and/or business and industry
- They have a sustained national/international reputation
- They have a significant likelihood of inspiring Illinois Tech’s students, faculty, and staff
- They have a reasonable likelihood of interacting with all or a segment of the Illinois Tech community either before or after receiving their honorary degree
- A member of the Illinois Tech Board of Trustees may be awarded an honorary degree, provided the trustee has served as a member of the board for a significant period of time
- Only under extraordinary circumstances should an honorary degree be awarded to an active member of Illinois Tech’s faculty, administration, or staff
We look forward to receiving your nominations. If you have any questions, please contact Dionna Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kenneth T. Christensen
Interim Provost, Illinois Tech