A new summer course allows you to study the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 disease it causes.
Explore important aspects of COVID-19 disease, the current methods used for testing, and the challenges and strategies used to treat this disease. At the end of the course, you will propose a novel method to test or treat this disease.
Learn to analyze critically scientific literature in the general field of COVID-19, and gain the knowledge that will allow you to:
- Understand the SARS-CoV-2 life cycle
- Explain COVID-19 symptoms and why some people are more susceptible
- Describe the epidemiology and main factors that influence its spread
- Describe the methods used for testing and the challenges of these methods
- Understand current advances in the treatment against this virus
- Propose a novel method that can be used to develop new detection methods or treatments.
Undergraduates may apply Elevate or summer scholarships toward the cost of this course.
To apply, email Assistant Professor of Biology Oscar Juarez at email@example.com.
For other questions email Financial Aid Specialist/Elevate CSC Carly Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or Program Coordinator Callie Brown at email@example.com.