A new year is a great time to take stock of your health habits and lifestyle, and set some time aside to focus on making changes you identify as those that will help you reach new goals. This month TELUS Health (formerly Lifeworks), Illinois Tech’s Employee Assistance Program is there as a resource for you as you seek to make health changes. Check out the Heartbeat Newsletter for articles such as Five ways to simplify your life, and Setting SMART goals. When you visit the Heartbeat Newsletter site, you also have access to prior months’ newsletters and all of their articles, videos, and resources.
New to Lifeworks? Consider joining an orientation session. The next general session will take place on January 24 at noon CST. You can connect by clicking here.
This month’s free webinars are:
- Today’s financial trends — Jan. 12, 1 p.m. CST: Living in an era of unprecedented financial uncertainty and change, it is now more important than ever to stay current on financial trends, as well as recognize which long-term financial principles are still applicable today. In this session, participants will learn the impact that inflation and the cost of living have on household budgets, the protections available through the FDIC and NCUA, and how to consciously budget to maximize your spending power. Join this interactive session to create a personalized action plan to ensure you can adapt your financial habits to meet the moment.
- Dealing with change for families — Jan. 26, 1 p.m. CST: Change is inevitable in life; however, for some, changes can be harder to adapt to than for others. This seminar will equip participants with the tools they will need to successfully navigate change together as a family. In this seminar, we will discuss what big or small changes are going on in participants’ lives and address what is needed to work through these changes as a family.
TELUS Health’s ongoing features
Don’t forget about ongoing resources like LIFT Virtual Fitness, and Life Coaching, both of which are completely free. There are even discount opportunities.
As always, TELUS Health is available 24/7 for free and confidential assistance for Illinois Tech Employees and their families. Don’t forget the app, either. It’s available in the Apple App Store and Google Play, and allows you to access resources directly through your smartphone!
- Username/Password: HR Portal Employee Assistance Program page
- Online: login.lifeworks.com
- Toll-free, 24/7 phone line: 888.456.1324
- En español: 888.732.9020
- TTY: 800.999.3004
- Download the “Lifeworks” app, available on iTunes and Google Play
For more information about TELUS Health, please visit the HR Portal Employee Assistance Program page.