TIAA, one of Illinois Tech’s 403(b) Retirement Plan vendors, has announced several Financial Essentials webinars running from November 10–12. Sessions are listed below, and are open to all retirement plan participants regardless of the vendor with which they invest. For additional information and to register, visit tiaa.org/webinars.
- Making gifts to loved ones and charities: November 10, 11 a.m.: You can help to maximize the value of your life’s work and help to take care of your surviving loved ones and philanthropic causes with a little planning. This webinar will review basic strategies for giving to individuals and charities during your lifetime, as well as legacy planning.
- Money at Work 1: Foundations of Investing: November 10, 2 p.m.: Discover how you can manage risk versus reward, as well as understand the role of investing and managing risks, ways to help accelerate savings and tools that can help sustain a portfolio.
- The power of saving: November 11, 11 a.m.: Whether you’re the kind of person that lives and spends in the now or plans for what’s ahead, there are always ways to save smarter. In this seminar, you’ll learn a number of strategies to better manage your money. Plus, you’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to pay your bills, save for a rainy day, and achieve any larger financial goals you’ve set for yourself.
- Making it Easier for You: Online tools and resources: November 11, 2 p.m.: Save time, manage your money, and feel empowered by learning and using the latest digital enhancements.
- Retiring in the “New Normal” November 12, 11 a.m.: We all know how important it is to save for retirement. This presentation brings many of the risks to light, giving you a better understanding of what you may be facing and what you can do about it in this new environment. Namely, shifting your strategy from just growing your money to protecting what you’ve saved as it grows. And for those still working, we’ll talk about protecting your income in retirement by creating a guaranteed income stream to help cover essential expenses. Plus, the next steps you can take to help protect your retirement future.
- Responsible investing: Portfolios with a purpose: November 12, 2 p.m.: Make an impact with a social choice. Did you know that responsible investing (RI) enables investors to align their social and environmental principals with their financial goals? Learn the factors that make an investment socially responsible, the history of RI and ways for individuals to incorporate RI into their investment strategy.
For information on Illinois Tech’s retirement plans, please visit the HR Portal Retirement Plan page. As always, questions regarding the retirement plan can be directed to Viktoria Rill in Human Resources at email@example.com.