July 6, 2021Posted in: Faculty/Staff
TIAA, one of Illinois Tech’s 403(b) Retirement Plan vendors, has announced several Financial Essentials webinars running from June 13-15, 2021. Sessions are listed below, are open to all retirement plan participants regardless of the vendor with which they invest, and are available for on-demand viewing for 30 days following the live broadcasts. For additional information and to register, visit tiaa.org/webinars.
- The Starting Line: Beginning to save for retirement, July 13 at 11am. You can learn how to evaluate and manage debt, find additional ways to save, create a budget and begin to plan for retirement.
- Strategies for staying on track, July 13 at 2pm. No matter how much or how little money you can save for retirement, it’s important that you start now and stay invested for your future. You can learn how taking smart financial steps today may help lead you to a solid financial future after you’ve stopped working.
- Quarterly economic and market update, July 14 at 11am. Take a closer look at our views on the financial markets, including key market drivers, U.S. economy, policy and politics, and investing in public markets.
- Gaining Insight: Navigating debt consolidation and understanding the mortgage process, July 14 at 2pm. You can understand how to manage and consolidate debt, and get a primer that can help make the mortgage process easier to navigate.
- Social Security basics, July 15 at 11am. Social Security will likely play a significant role in building your retirement income. Learn the basics about Social Security, including eligibility, how to apply, how your benefit is calculated and strategies for claiming benefits.
- The Power of Saving, July 15 at 2pm. Whether you’re the kind of person that lives and spends in the now or plans for what’s ahead, there are always ways to save smarter. In this seminar, you’ll learn a number of strategies for better managing your money, so you have the knowledge and confidence to pay your bills, save for a rainy day, and achieve any larger financial goals you’ve set for yourself.
For information on Illinois Tech’s retirement plans, please visit the HR Portal Retirement Plan page. As always, questions regarding the retirement plan can be directed to Viktoria Rill in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or x73353.